Salary Ranges/Compensation Report
The City publishes the current salary schedule and information on benefits provided to employees on this web page. As part of the annual budget process, any changes to the salary schedule are presented to the City Council. Annually, under new compensation reporting requirements implemented by the California State Controller, the City must submit a report which is then published on the state’s web page.
The benefits provided for full-time general employees include:
- FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULE –The majority of full-time employees work a 9/80 work schedule.
- HOLIDAYS – The City presently recognizes 12 regular holidays.
- VACATION – Employees accumulate vacation at the rate of 80 hours per year.
- SICK LEAVE - Accrual of 11 days per year. Unused sick leave may be accrued without limit.
- BEREAVEMENT LEAVE - Employees shall be granted a leave of absence of 3 days (which shall be charged to the employee's sick leave), in the event of death of an immediate family member.
- INSURANCE – The City provides a comprehensive benefit package including employee medical, dental, vision.
- LIFE INSURANCE – The City provides a $50,000 life insurance policy for all employees. Employees can increase the limit not to exceed $500,000 at their own expense.
- DEFERRED COMPENSATION – The City provides all employees the opportunity to enroll in a Section 457 Deferred Compensation plan. Deferred Compensation allows participants to defer a portion of their salary, pretax for investment purposes. The City currently offers the following plans: ICMA Retirement Corporation; Lincoln Financial; Nationwide Retirement Solutions.
- FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT – Employees may participate in either or both of the Health Care or Dependent Care programs.
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM – The City offers full-time employees and their dependents an EAP program which provides a variety of professional services.
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT - Tuition reimbursement is available. Reimbursement shall be made at the rate of 100% to a maximum of $2,250 per fiscal year, per the Tuition Reimbursement Policy.