OFFICES TO BE ELECTED
- District 1 Councilmember
- District 2 Councilmember
- District 3 Councilmember
- District 4 Councilmember
- View the INTERACTIVE MAP to view the 5 recently adopted voting districts
- Nomination Period opens: July 18, 2022, 8:00 a.m.
- Standard Nomination Period closes (deadline to file papers): August 12, 2022, 5:00 p.m.
- Extended Nomination Period closes (deadline to file if the incumbent does not file): August 17, 2022, 5:00 p.m.
- Deadline to register to vote: October 24, 2022
- Election Day: November 8, 2022
BALLOT MEASURES FOR NOVEMBER 8, 2022
INFORMATION FOR POTENTIAL CANDIDATES
Residents interested in running for office are encouraged to contact the City Clerk's Office early for information about required paperwork and filing deadlines. The City Clerk offers appointments to discuss the prospect of running for office with any interested resident.
City of Big Bear Lake City Clerk's Office
Big Bear Lake Civic Center 39707 Big Bear Boulevard (Mon.—Fri., 8 a.m.—5 p.m.)
Email City Clerk:
Candidates must be registered to vote in the city of Big Bear Lake, and must reside within the district in which they are running to represent. Individuals who intend to run for office must file certain Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) forms with the City Clerk's Office before soliciting any campaign contributions or making any campaign expenditures. In order for a candidate's name to appear on the ballot, the candidate must obtain candidate materials from the City Clerk's Office, and submit all required nomination paperwork, including a petition signed by other city voters within their district, during a specified nomination period. Other filing requirements include FPPC forms disclosing certain economic interests, and information about campaign contributions and expenditures.
CANDIDATE AND COMMITTEE INFORMATION
- For information about candidates for the November 2022 election, visit our Council Candidates page
- For information about recipient committees for this election, please visit our Recipient Committees page
- To view campaign filings (FPPC forms announcing the intent to solicit contributions, announcing the formation of a committe, disclosing donor names and donation amounts, etc.) for Big Bear Lake candidates and committees for the 2022 election, visit our FPPC Filing page
November 8, 2022 General Municipal Election