The benefits provided for full-time general employees include:
- FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULE –The majority of full-time employees work a 9/80 work schedule.
- HOLIDAYS – The City presently recognizes 12 regular holidays.
- VACATION – Employees accumulate vacation at the rate of 80 hours per year.
- SICK LEAVE - Accrual of 11 days per year. Unused sick leave may be accrued without limit.
- BEREAVEMENT LEAVE - Employees shall be granted a leave of absence of 3 days (which shall be charged to the employee's sick leave), in the event of death of an immediate family member.
- INSURANCE – The City provides a comprehensive benefit package including employee medical, dental, vision.
- LIFE INSURANCE – The City provides a $50,000 life insurance policy for all employees. Employees can increase the limit not to exceed $500,000 at their own expense.
- DEFERRED COMPENSATION – The City provides all employees the opportunity to enroll in a Section 457 Deferred Compensation plan. Deferred Compensation allows participants to defer a portion of their salary, pretax for investment purposes. The City currently offers the following plans: ICMA Retirement Corporation; Lincoln Financial; Nationwide Retirement Solutions.
- FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT – Employees may participate in either or both of the Health Care or Dependent Care programs.
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM – The City offers full-time employees and their dependents an EAP program which provides a variety of professional services.
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT - Tuition reimbursement is available. Reimbursement shall be made at the rate of 100% to a maximum of $2,250 per fiscal year, per the Tuition Reimbursement Policy.