Community Events Grant Program Guidelines
PURPOSE OF THE CITY OF BIG BEAR LAKE COMMUNITY EVENTS GRANT PROGRAM
To assist local not-for-profit 501 organizations in hosting a variety of community events.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE PROGRAM?
Applications for the Big Bear Lake Community Events Grant will only be accepted from registered not-for-profits located in the Big Bear Valley with verifiable Internal Revenue Code Section 501 status.
GRANT FUNDING LIMITATIONS
- Changes in budget priorities and/or economic factors may result in the need to reduce or eliminate grant funding in the upcoming fiscal year
- No event will receive a cash grant exceeding $5,000 in any one fiscal year
- The maximum grant award that can be requested in subsequent years will reflect a 25% reduction of the prior years' cash award
- Grant requests of $500 or less will not be subject to the 25% reduction process
- Community Events Grant funding is not guaranteed to any returning or previously awarded organization in any fiscal year
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS
- Grant recipients must comply with the all of the following requirements & conditions listed below:
- All relevant City of Big Bear Lake regulations (i.e. special permits, a business license, waste reduction requirements)
- Provide a certificate of liability insurance
- Event is held within the Big Bear Valley
- Provide City recognition for sponsored events
- Funding will not be awarded to any event in which the event promoter and/or applicant receives compensation or fees of any kind from the event, individually or as a business benefit
- General benefits are provided to City residents and visitors which avoids any specific political, religious or ideological themes
- Discrimination is avoided on all grounds (i.e. race, religion, creed, or any other condition) and the organization and event must conform to the requirements of the Americans with Disability Act.
- Organizations that have received grant funding in the prior fiscal year must demonstrate that all the applicable requirements were met, in order to qualify for future grant funding. The following items must be submitted to the Finance Department within 45 days after the completion of the event:
- A Final Narrative Report- includes event description, number of participants, objectives attained, and future issues that should be addressed. It should also include any economic impacts brought to the Big Bear Lake community including lodging, dining and other activities
- A Financial Report: listing of expenses, generated revenues, and a statement of profits
- A copy of promotional materials
COMMUNITY EVENTS GRANT PROGRAM SUBMITTAL
Community Events Grant Application must be submitted during the spring for events occurring in the upcoming fiscal year. Fiscal Years run from July 1 each year to June 30 the following calendar year. Only one grant application may be accepted per organization & per fiscal year.
Application DEADLINE is March 10, 2017 (for events being held between July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018).
Please submit applications to:
City of Big Bear Lake
Lindsey Corral, Administrative Analyst P.O. Box 10000
Big Bear Lake, CA 92315